Patent disclosures are submitted via the Ideas Portal which will provide support, development, protecting, modelling, registering and marketing of the intellectual property according to the requirements and procedures specified by Knowledge Economy and Technology Transfer Center.
User Manual Guide
Innovation and development
The Department of Innovation and Development is concerned with spreading the culture of interest in the fields of patents and protection of intellectual property rights, as well as encouraging the university and local community to create and innovate. The department is also concerned with developing the technical and human capabilities of the center and training the competencies on all technology transfer processes for the center’s employees.
Units of the Innovation and Development Department
Innovation and Knowledge Creativity Unit
This unit is concerned with encouraging the University and Local Community to be creative and innovative, and the tasks thereof shall be as follows:
- Building innovative capabilities for the researchers from inside and outside the University.
- Work on spreading the culture of interest in the fields of patents and applying for registration of the Property or Trademark Rights.
- Work on disseminating the mechanisms and ratios of the intellectual property in the University.
- A point of contact with the Innovators from the University and outside it to present the ideas.
- Directing the Scientific Research within the University to serve the needs of the Industrial Sector.
Applications and Information Technology Administration Unit
This unit is concerned with providing the technical support and automating the information related to the Center, and the tasks thereof shall be as follows:
- Automating the Center's Operations.
- Establish, develop and manage the Website of the Center on the University’s Website and the Social Media.
- Provide the technical support to the Center's Operations.
- Analyze the Sequence of the Operations and build a System for monitoring the Performance Indicators and the Projects Management.
Development and Training Unit
This unit is concerned with developing the technical and human capabilities of the Center and training competencies on all technology transfer operations for the employees of the Center or whoever be nominated by the Center, and the tasks thereof shall be as follows:
- Study the developments and advancements in the world of technology transfer to develop the capabilities of the Center.
- Coordination and communication with international training agencies to provide courses in technology transfer operations for the employees of the Center.
- Coordination and communication with local and international trainers to provide lectures and courses on innovation and technology transfer.
- Evaluating the Center's works and working on taking continuous development procedures therefor.
Courses and activities
- Creativity and Innovation Industry Course
- Under the spotlight (can be attended by the local community)
Academic and administrative leaderships (by nomination)
- Creation and innovation industry in government institutions
Researchers and postgraduate students
- Creativity and innovation in scientific research
- Workshop: moving forward from scientific research to the world of finance and business
- University innovators
- Competition for innovative solutions to environmental challenges
Various segments of society
- Pioneers of creativity (Broadcast)
The Intellectual Property Department is concerned with protecting and registering patents and intellectual property rights in the local and international offices concerned with this. The department also provides licenses to benefit from the university’s intellectual property. In addition to providing legal support and advice regarding all technology transfer and localization procedures.
Units of the Intellectual Property Department
Patent Support and Protection Unit
It is a unit responsible for protecting and registering patents and intellectual property rights in the local and international offices concerned with this, and its tasks are as follows:
- Work to protect and register the patents, property rights and the trademarks in the offices concerned therewith, locally and internationally.
- Examine and evaluate applications for support and registration of the invention
- Coordination with one of the law firms specialized in protecting intellectual property and transferring technology
Legal Affairs Unit
It is a unit responsible for providing support and legal consultations, pertaining to all procedures for technology transfer and localization, and its tasks are as follows:
- Assisting the researchers, providing legal consultations, reviewing application contracts to the patents and registering the property rights and trademarks.
- Review partnership contracts and agreements related to provision of support for the process of converting the ideas into models to be tested and then come up with an end product for the Society.
- Supervising the university's rights related to intellectual property, and taking the necessary legal measures to protect it.
It is a unit responsible for granting licenses to benefit from the intellectual property of the University, and its tasks are as follows:
- Formulating the templates and partnerships formats between the innovators, industry and the University.
- Study applications for intellectual properties licenses.
- Managing and following up the granted licenses.
The center is committed to maintaining the confidentiality of the ideas submitted to it by researchers and inventors during all stages of submission, evaluation and protection procedures. The inventor must also avoid public disclosure of research results before carrying out the necessary protection process, because public disclosure of the results of the research that was conducted before obtaining the right of priority in relation to intellectual property may jeopardize the protection of intellectual property rights.
آلية تسجيل براءة اختراع
Modeling and Testing
The Modeling and Testing Department is responsible for providing technical support, scientific studies and scientific evaluation regarding technology transfer and localization. The department is also concerned with helping innovators and researchers to make tests and prototypes for their innovations to ensure their readiness for marketing.
The center has signed a number of internal framework agreements at the university to organize and establish manufacturing and modeling units in colleges and centers, including:
- Manufacturing Unit at the Faculty of Engineering
- The Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Unit at the Faculty of Pharmacy
- The Modeling Unit at the Center of Innovation in Personalized Medicine
Units of Modeling and Testing Department
Technical Support and Scientific Assessment Unit
It is a unit responsible for providing technical support, scientific studies and scientific assessment, regarding technology transfer and localization, and its tasks are as follows
- Assisting the researchers, providing the technical support and the scientific and technical consultations to them, appertaining to the precedence of the idea for the inventions and converting the results of their researches into registered inventions.
- Assisting the researchers and providing them with the technical support, appertaining to, writing a draft of the patent, drawings and the like and conducting the economic feasibility studies.
- Setting a mechanism for possible paths to protect the property and technology transfer, modeling and evaluating the creative ideas, in terms of, the risks and converting them into products and returns on investment expected therefrom.
- Provide the required physical, human and spatial potentialities.
It is a unit responsible for assisting the innovators and researchers to make prototypes and raise the readiness of innovation for marketing, and its tasks are be as follows:
- Contribute to helping the researchers to make prototypes of innovations, according to the capabilities of the University laboratories.
- Linking the researchers with the research teams in different Colleges to enable the researcher to develop his innovations.
- Facilitating the researcher's access to laboratories available at the University to develop their innovations.
- Cooperating with international and local modeling centers to make and develop the prototypes of technologies not available at the University.
It is a unit responsible for assisting the innovators and researchers to perform tests on their innovations, to ensure their readiness for marketing, and its tasks are as follows:
- Contribute to helping the researchers test their innovations, in different circumstances, depending on, the potentialities of the University laboratories.
- Linking the researchers with the research teams in different Colleges to enable the researcher to test his innovation.
- Cooperating with international and local centers to test the prototypes of technologies not available at the University.
- Creating multi-disciplinary virtual models
- Creating a printed circuit board
- Cooperating with international and local modeling centers to make and develop prototypes for technologies that are not available at the university
Terms of modeling
- There should be a protection for the idea with the name of the university, whether it is a patent, copyright, trademark, or trade secret
- Submission of an application to the center to manufacture the prototype
- The estimated budget for the model work
- Having interest from the industry
- The inventor's commitment to provide all requirements to help technicians and modeling experts to implement the prototype is required
The Industrial Relations Department is responsible for marketing the university’s patents and intellectual property to the local and international industrial sectors. The department is also is responsible for providing initiatives and studies of the knowledge economy according to the needs of the market, and developing and developing relations between the university and governmental, private and international agencies concerned with innovation and the knowledge economy and the transfer and localization of technology.
Intellectual Property Marketing Unit
It is a unit responsible for marketing the patents and the intellectual property of the University for the local and international industrial sectors, and its tasks are as follows:
- Study the market needs and provide specific initiatives to meet such needs.
- Marketing the patents to the private sector and government sectors, and establishment of emerging partnerships.
- Coordination and organization of conferences, forums and lectures held by the Center.
- Marketing the patents and the creative ideas to the financing entities.
Industrial Relations Unit
It is a unit responsible for advancement and development of the relations between the University and government, private and international bodies, concerned with the innovation, knowledge economy, technology and localization transfer, and its tasks are as follows:
- Communicating with the authorities responsible for licensing the intellectual properties and the trademarks.
- Communicating and coordinating with the government authorities and the supportive private sector authorities.
- Concluding partnerships with entities of expertise to converting the ideas into commercial projects.
- Communicating and coordinating with the authorities responsible for technology transfer and localization in the public and private sectors.
- Concluding international partnerships with entities of expertise to converting the ideas into commercial projects.
- Concluding the partnerships with international technology transfer centers.
Knowledge Initiatives Unit
It is a unit responsible for providing knowledge economy initiatives and studies, as per the market needs, and its tasks are as follows:
- Communicating with the local and international sectors to know the market need.
- Providing specific initiatives for governmental and international authorities to take advantage of the University's knowledge capabilities and potentialities and investment thereof.
- Drawing the Strategic Plans that contribute to the transformation into the knowledge economy.
- Contribute to the conformation of the University's Plan with the requirements of the knowledge economy.
1/18/2022 7:45:16 PM